Friday, May 9, 2008

Transitions: Saying our goodbyes to the seniors.

Wow freshmen year is gone!  haha! its amazing and unbelievable all at the same time.  I have learned so much this past year and I have changed so much that I can't say that I'm the same person that I was walking on to campus in august.   I am so glad that I met such amazing friends that have supplemented to my "education" on life.  Leaving campus and seeing all the seniors for the last time was really heart wrenching.  What can I say?  I learned that the more you get to know people and pray for them and share their burdens, the more that you naturally start to care for them.  I was really glad that I got to know a lot of seniors and spend their final year in college with them.  Seniors who went beyond asking me about my name, major, and where I was rooming, and taking the time to find that I prefer a quantity of food over a small amount of quality food. Seniors who offered to tutor me through my three science courses all the while giving me advice and support whenever I needed it.  Even the seniors I met towards the end of the year were still amazing people that have left their permanent mark on me that I will never forget.  I keep hearing from those who have been through the bittersweet process of saying goodbye that I will learn to get used to this transition that occurs each year.  But it occurred to me that saying goodbye next year will be just as difficult next year as it was this year because I know that we will never again be with one another as we are.  I know this is a silly view to take because one never really says goodbye to true friends, but as I said my goodbyes, I could help but hang on to and treasure each moment I shared with these wonderful people who had come to share in my life.  

No comments: